About this Site
www.OurHouseNL.ca is a registered domain of Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador.
Site design by The Idea Factory and Perfect Day.
To make comments or report problems with the site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all donations to the Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador virtual gift catalogue. Please print a copy of these terms and conditions for your future reference.
Use of this site is provided by Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. Ronald McDonald House reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador to use any item displayed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Canada.
11. Our contract
If you make an online donation to Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador through the virtual gift catalogue we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your donation and containing the details of your donation. Your donation represents a gift to our charity which is accepted by us when we process your donation.
12. The Donation
The donation amounts of the virtual gifts suggest how Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador could use your donation. However, your donation goes to support the full range of requirements and needs of the House and will be used where the need is most urgent.
All donations made through this gift site will be pooled into a fund dedicated to the ongoing operational costs of the House, to ensure the flexibility to give every family of the House what they need. While your donation of a ‘cup of tea’ may not be physically traceable back to any one cup of tea, the gifts referenced on the sites will be provided in the House to be availed of by all families using the House.
Once an official income tax receipt has been issued for your donation, Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador will not provide a refund of your donation.
15. Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
16. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.